Miami International Airport was founded in 1928 and offers more flights to Latin America and the Caribbean than any other airport in the United States. MIA is also the second-busiest airport for international passengers, with over 100 air carriers on site. The airport is located on 3,230 acres of land near downtown Miami and is operated by the Miami-Dade Aviation Department.
MIA is considered a leading economic center for both Miami-Dade County and Florida as a whole, and generates over $33 billion in revenues annually.
Did You Know? Interesting Facts About Miami International Airport:
- MIA was formerly known as Wilcox Field.
- MIA is one of only eight U.S. Airports that can accommodate an Airbus A380 jumbo jet.
- Largely due to its close proximity to tourist attractions throughout Florida, MIA is one of largest airline hubs in the United States.
- In 2013, over 40 million passengers traveled through MIA, making it the 26th-busiest airport in the world by passenger traffic.
- The airport handles more international cargo than any other airport in the United States. Over two million tons of freight are passed through MIA annually.
- Building 845 Suite 450 houses the corporate headquarters of World Atlantic Airways. The airport was also the home Eastern Airlines’ headquarters after company president Frank Borman relocated it from Rockefeller Center.
- The Air Force Reserve operated from MIA from 1949 to 1959, but has since relocated to the nearby Homestead Air Reserve Base
- Miami Central Station offers direct Greyhound Bus transportation to major cities including Orlando, Tampa, New York City, and Washington, DC.
Biscayne Bay Cam
This camera is located near the airport (MIA is slightly visible on the far-right of the camera) and overlooks Biscayne Bay. The streaming view allows you to watch eastern departures and arrivals.
View Biscayne Bay webcam.
Taxiways and Rwys 08/26L&R Cam
This camera offers a view of Taxiways and Rwys 08/26L&R. A cargo hangar can be seen at the right of the image.
WFOR TV Station Cam
This off-airport camera is located west of of runway 09/27. The view from the offices of the WFOR TV television station often captures airplanes in departure and arrival.
View WFOR TV Station webcam.
Port of Miami Webcam
The view from a hotel southeast of the airport. This is primarily a port cruise ship camera, but MIA departures and arrivals can frequently be seen crossing the sky.
View Port of Miami webcam.
Miami Beach Webcam
This webcam shows a panoramic view of the blue waters and warm sands of nearby Miami Beach.
View Miami Beach Webcam.
Aviation School Webcam
This view of the airport is offered from the roof of the George T. Baker Aviation School. The windsock (and palm trees) can be used to gauge the wind conditions at ground level, and jets are visible on the taxiway in the background.
View Aviation School Webcam.
Airport Runway Cam Tags:
- miami airport webcam
- webcam miami airport
- miami airport live cam